Monday, January 23, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip........

is available as an appetizer at many restaurants, and now you can even find it in your local supermarket.  I would, however, encourage you to make your own.  Once you have made it yourself, I hope that like me, you'll never order it again, because nothing compares to this recipe, from one of my favorite blogs Annie's Eats.  Please check out her blog.  I have made many of her recipes, and have loved ALL of them!

This is a great appetizer, and once you make it for your friends and family, they will request it again and again.  I know I will be making it again for the hubby on SuperBowl Sunday.



Spinach Artichoke Dip


Print Recipe



Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup coarsely chopped canned artichoke hearts
4 cloves roasted garlic*, smashed
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. roasted red pepper flakes

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.  In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan, sour cream, mayonnaise, spinach, artichokes, roasted garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.  Mix well with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are evenly blended.  Spread into a small baking dish. Sprinkle additional grated Parmesan over the top if desired.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.  Serve warm with baguette slices, pita chips, crackers, etc.

*To roast individual cloves of garlic,  just throw the unpeeled cloves into a baking dish or pan and bake at 350˚ F for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool before squeezing the cloves from the peels.

Source:  Annie's Eats




Thank you Annie for this wonderful recipe!  Do not be afraid to roast your own garlic.  I go ahead and roast an entire bulb when I make this recipe, and if we can keep our fingers out of it, I will make garlic butter or use the leftover garlic in another recipe.  

I hope by the end of this week I will have figured out what else I will be making for the big game, and will be able to share those ideas with you too.

Have a wonderful day!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment