Thursday, August 23, 2012

Home Warranties & Manuals......


I decided I needed to organize my home warranties, user manuals, etc. in an easy to get to format that would not take up even more space in my filing cabinet.  Along with being space fillers, they also come in different sizes and shapes, therefore falling out, getting stuck in the bottom of the file drawer never to be heard from again. Okay, I admit it, they were all in one pile bulging out of a single file folder!  As usual, I searched through all of the great ideas I have seen on Pinterest and my favorite organizing websites and just could not find what I thought was the right fit for me.  Then Alejandra Costello at Color-Coded.net posted this video of her new system for these items, and I love it!  This is my second project that I feel I have been coached through by a fabulous video by her and it definitely won't be my last. 









These Staples notebooks are fabulous.  I made the binder covers on my computer, and printed the labels with my label maker.  I would have loved to have found clear gussetted binder pockets, but could only find teal, blue, and purple, which I love anyway!  They have a nice velcro closure so you can put multiple books and items in one envelope. The post-it filing tabs can be stuck at the top and you can either use your label maker or write on them.  

I think my favorite part of this system is separating what stays with your home and what goes with you.  If you sell your current home, just leave the home warranty/manual binder for the new owners, they will surely appreciate it.  Keeping those receipts, warranties, especially for your big purchase items is so important.  You want to be able to grab them if you have a problem with your iphone, computer, camera, television, etc.

I hope this inspires you to get your appliances/purchases organized too.  My next project will be cleaning the actual filing cabinet now, and getting into the shred zone......

Have a wonderful week!

Nancy :)

2 comments:

  1. OOOhhh I love this idea! My stuff is stuffed in the filing cabinet just like yours was. I keep EVERYTHING, so you know what that means LOL. Definitely gonna have to do this! Thanks Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete