Thursday, July 5, 2012

Finally, a "pretty" laundry room.......

Hello everyone.  I am so sorry I have been gone so long, but now I am finally getting settled into our Florida home and will be able to get myself back on task with blogging.  


I have been following "Pinterest" for the past 2 months every spare moment I could sneak away from unpacking and trips to Home Depot or Lowe's.  I sort of became obsessed with laundry rooms and made it my own personal mission to have a "pretty" laundry room.  Laundry is not a pretty job.  In fact, I do not like doing laundry one bit.  Washing and drying clothes is not so bad, but sorting, folding and putting them away is an entirely different story.  I asked myself if I would enjoy the process more if the room was a pleasure to walk into instead of a hamper nightmare, and I have psyched myself out to believe that the answer to that question is yes.  




The paint color is "Swan Sea" by Behr.  It has a bit more aqua to it than this picture shows, bur I absolutely love it.  It is very calming.  That last little jar top right is for loose change. :)


I put my powdered products (Clorox 2, Gain detergent, Borax) in glass jars, and separated my bleach, stain remover and fabric softener into bins that I found at Target.  I then printed the labels and ran them through the laminator.
I found this label template at Better Homes and Garden.  





I found the shelves at Lowe's, including this one with 3 hooks, so I can hang things up as I go.  Fortunately, I don't need a huge hanging area in my space.



Okay, so do I enjoy laundry now?  Not really, I still think it's one of those thankless jobs, but I do have a smile on my face every time I walk through this room from the garage, or from the family room.  My desire to keep it neat and tidy is there always, because let's face it, I now have a "pretty" laundry room.

Have a wonderful day!

Nancy :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post! Welcome back to blogging and especially Florida! Xoxo -Jennie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Nancy. It looks nice :o)

    ReplyDelete